Although we could not have a traditional conference this year, BioCat is organizing a HYBRID Fall Semester Kick-off meeting for the entire research school. Practice in presenting your research and the ability to network with colleagues are important elements of your career, and these will be the focus of this event.
This event will take place on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021. Each university will have its own, in-person gathering (where possible/responsible), which will be transmitted between all the universities via Zoom. Therefore, presentations will be seen by all participants. If it is not possible to meet in a local group, you will login from home. Breakfast and lunch will be provided by BioCat for the group meetings.
Although we are still ironing out the details, this is a rough preliminary schedule for the event.
|9.00-9.30||Welcome by BioCat & Introductions|
|9.30-12.00||Project Presentations from BioCat Members|
|13.00-15.00||Project Presentations from BioCat Members|
|15.00-16.00||Games & Networking|
There are three levels of participation:
- Presenters: We invite PhDs of all levels from each university to present their research. Options will include:
- 3 minute flash presentation
- 10 minute standard presentation
Please register early, as there are limited time slots available for presentations. Each presenter will receive private and personally delivered feedback from a committee. All presentations should include a visual element. There will be three prizes given that will include gift cards and award certificates: Best Flash Presentation, Best 10 Minute Presentation, and Best Overall Visual Presentation
- Regular Participants: This category is for BioCat members that would like to take part in the event, but will not present. You will eat, network, watch, and enjoy! If you are not yet a member but would like to sign up, please do so here.
- Observers: Master students and other non-BioCat members that are interested in learning about BioCat are invited to observe the event digitally.
Registration is now closed.